Say thankyou to Kaboose for their great Craft
and remember there are loads more things at
Kaboose for you to do.
VeggieGolf - Tomato
supervision is recommended
Golf with a tomato? Make all the
Veggie Tales characters into a kids' game of
croquet with this corrugated plastic
- Green corrugated plastic
- Red corrugated plastic
- White corrugated plastic
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- Extremely sharp scissors
- Wire coat hanger
- Wire cutters
- Pen or pencil
- Something circular to use for a
pattern, like a lid to a bucket
- Scotch brand super strength
- 3-4" plastic balls in different
- Inexpensive plastic golf clubs
How to make
- Using the circular object for a
pattern, trace a circle on the red
corrugated plastic. Make the circle about 12 inches
- Cut out the red circle with the
extremely sharp scissors.
- Draw a smaller circle at the base
of the large red circle with
pencil. When you draw the circle, make sure that
the lines on the
corrugated plastic are vertical so that you can put
wire through it
when you are finished. Make the smaller circle
about 6 inches in
diameter. This is where the ball will go through.
- Cut the smaller circle out.
- Cut 2 oval shaped eyes out of the
white corrugated plastic that are about 3.5 inches
long and 2.5 inches wide.
- Cut a circular nose that is about 2
inches in diameter in the red corrugated plastic.
- Cut the tomato's leaves and stem
out of green corrugated plastic. (See photo)
- Attach the tomato's eyes, nose and
leaves with the mounting tape.
- Draw the inside of the tomato's
eyes with the black paint marker.
- Cut the hook off of the wire hanger
with wire cutters.
- Straighten out the hanger, bend one
end back towards itself (this is the top).
- Push it down through the top of the
tomato so it will stick in the ground.
- Play the game by taking turns
hitting your ball through a maze of veggie
characters. First one through the maze wins!
can also use regular cardboard and paint it if you
can't get corrugated plastic, but it won't be as
Corrugated plastic is made by
several manufacturers. It is known as
Stratocore or Coreplast, along with other names.
Check your local hobby
Here below are four more
characters, these are from the Kaboose Veggie
Tales. However you could make fun ones from
pictures of Pokemon, nursery Rhymes, Big Cats, etc
anything. Once you have made the Tomatoe with ther
instruction, appling them to the other characters
should be pretty easy.
Of course you can
also as for help from bigger hands.